We love Raw food. We get the optimum out of our foods by food combining properly as well. We are so high on Raw that we have left our North American Diet far behind. Now, this doesn't mean that *I* am the healthiest one. As a family, we don't even eat Raw 100%. But a High-Raw Diet is what we aim for.
In order to get high on raw, one needs to eat more raw than you do the standard american diet (SAD). Eating the "typical" Standard American Diet will kill you... and I mean it. What doesn't kill you, will send you reeling with pain in your joints, diabetes, heart disease, and yes, even some cancers. But eating a more plant-based, WHOLE-food, Raw diet - now, there's something to get high on!!
Here's just five benefits, which will happen if you do this too:
1. You will find yourself more energetic - those cluttered cabinets will start to drive you crazy... and you'll have the energy to DO something about it!!
2. You will find your skin clearing up - I no longer have rosacea and my children no longer have skin rashes when they couple this diet with minimal fruit (only lemons, limes, avocados, coloured peppers, cucumbers and blueberries - yes they are all fruit). Talk about an acne removal system!! Countless people have eliminated their acne issue with eating Raw food.
3. If you have weight you would like to lose, look no further. This is a weight loss program that is destined to win for you. People can't believe that they can eat so much amazingly tasty food and still lose weight! If you were to look INSIDE your body, you will realize what it needs. What it "wants" is a far cry from what it needs and when you do the research, you will easily see what I'm talking about.
4. You will have better mental clarity - As one example of this, I have a horrible memory at the best of times. Yet, when I started the Hippocrates Lifestyle (and stuck to it) I was shocked at the changes in my ability to remember things better. I am not perfect, for sure. But if you compare me to what I was losing, forgetting, etc. only a few short months ago, you'd also be amazed.
5. You will feel more grounded - Life will not seem to pass you by in a blur. You will feel less anxious, less flighty, less shy, and more able to be "you".
THE TOP THREE CHANGES YOU CAN MAKE TODAY!
Now, many people think that living a "raw-food lifestyle" is only about eating raw foods. But, don't forget about the "lifestyle" part. If you know anyone who eats a high raw diet, they will tell you it's the package, baby. It's not just about the food and you are about to learn why.
When it DOES come to eating Raw food, I am not referring to merely eating raw carrot sticks. There is also as much importance in what you DO eat as there is in what you don't. The top three things, according to the director of the Hippocrates Institute who has REVERSED cancer and many other diseases in tens of thousands of people:
1. Single-celled Blue-Green and Green Algae (we use E3Live and Chlorella).
2. Sprouts including Wheat grass
3. Sea vegetables
If you do nothing more to change your eating habits, start adding just these things to your body. Forget, right now, about how on EARTH you are going to get those other bad habits away from your life (smoking, coffee, sugar, alcohol, junk food, etc). Forget it!! Just add these and let the great feeling you get from these amazingly nutritional, healing foods help you sort it all out!! The more you think about what healthy, vibrant, life-giving nutrients to ADD to your body, the bad habits will just fall off naturally in time. Some people will get it better than I can and some will take more time. The point is that when you start thinking about treating your body well, you will want to do it more and more. And you will feel AMAZING!! :D
Here's thee most important thing to know: if you don't take care of your emotions via stress, unresolved past, daily anxieties, etc., well, this will all catch up with you. I talk a lot about diet on this blog. But in actuality, approximately 70% of illness is purported to be caused by stress. That's astounding. Lets clean up our minds, and when you work out a High-Raw Diet at the same time, IMAGINE the power to live our lives to the fullest like we've never lived before!
THE RAW LIFESTYLE
For those who are ready to start now, the bottom line for this amazing lifestyle change is threefold and I, myself, need help with the third. Which one might you need help with?
1. EAT AS MUCH RAW FOOD AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN!
If you cook your food, you will lose ALL of the enzymes within that food, most of your minerals, all of your B vitamins, your vitamin C and many more nutrients. You need to re-supply your body with some of these every day! Forget those synthetic chemicals in a pill form unless they are a WHOLE FOOD source. Eating a wide variety of sprouts, algaes, and sea vegetables are like taking a multidose vitamin and mineral supplement!!
Just know this, cooking all of your food will take countless aspects of your nutrients out of your diet on a daily basis. Taking even just ONE vitamin or mineral out of your body will affect how some of the others are absorbed, assimilated, and metabolized. If you cook most or all of your food, this will have a long-term ill effect on your body and for some, you will see the effects sooner than later.
2. GET YOUR MIND/EMOTIONS FEELING VIBRANT!!
You are great!! Amazing, even!! No matter what you've done or where you've come from, there is something about you that has surpassed even your own expectation. You know what that is. None of us are great at everything. What are you great at? Celebrate that!! Lets stop comparing ourselves to anybody else and while I'm at it, lets stop judging (something we all fall prey to). But, nobody has stood in your shoes, they didn't have the parents you had. They may have had mentors or supporters in one form or another, where you didn't, and this list goes on. There is vibrant hope for LIFE out there and I hope you haven't given up and stopped trying.
If you are feeling in the dumps, might I suggest that you get out there and volunteer somewhere? Studies show how amazing we feel when we help others. It's not only good for them, but it will make you feel motivated and alive!!
This is simply to remind you that you are fantastic and if you haven't been told that lately, you have been stolen from. Please surround yourself with people who will tell you this at least once in awhile. If never, then move along. I've heard a quote that sums this up quite well:
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression, make sure you are not just, in fact, surrounded by assholes"
3. EXERCISE AND/OR RESISTANCE TRAINING
Oh how this is essential for our bodies AND our minds!! Getting out of the house is the first step. After that THEN make the decision to come home or not.
Resistance training is for those needing to maintain your ideal weight or even to gain muscle weight. This will also help with bone strength and is definitely recommended no matter who you are. You don't need any fancy equipment. Start off doing some sit ups and push ups. Look for some videos on YouTube that inspires YOU and follow along. Put your children on your back when you go for a walk or around the house doing laundry (haha - Yes, I did this but only because they were very young and in a sling).
I've been reading one of the best books I feel is out there. It's called Living Foods for Optimum Health. It's inspiring and enlightening. I definitely recommend this book first before any other self-health book out there. It will change the way you view how this culture has taught us to live over the past century and a half. We are an extremist kind of culture, aren't we? Well, I'm finally feeling some balance in my life just by moving in the OTHER side of the extreme. Maybe not balanced in this culture's mind. But, as I've said before, if being as healthy as I can makes me an extremist, well bring it on!!
Read here for more on "Balance"
Why not try a food log for three days and see where you're at with our North American Diet. Getting even just a little bit more high on Raw and adding the three top items I mentioned might be the best thing you can do for the health of you and your family.